Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Are We Going to Have Kids? Thank you, NO!

So, it's rather hard to believe, but Rainman and I are very close to celebrating our first year of marital bliss.  Yep, that's right.  A year ago this coming Sunday we got hitched.  It was awesome.  The year since?  Also awesome.  But over the course of the past year (and actually starting well before we even got engaged) we have been asked one question so many times that we are kinda sick of answering it.  The question?  "When are you guys going to have a baby?"  The answer?  NEVER!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just left at that, but for some fucked up reason people seem to feel like they need an explanation.  "What do we mean we are not having kids?"  "Of course you're going to have kids! Don't be silly!" or my personal favorite "He'll change his mind!".  I've heard all of this and more.  So I'm setting  the record straight, right here, right now.  Hopefully this will stop some people from asking.  Or maybe this will stop you, dear reader, from saying the same stuff to your childless friends.  So here are my  reasons for not wanting kiddies.
  •  Contrary to popular belief, not all women want to have babies.  Shocking, I know.  But I personally do not want to have children.  This is not my husbands decision.  I knew full well before we got married where he stood on having children.  I accept and agree with his views.  This is the way these things are supposed to work, people.  You have these talks prior to marriage, so there is no surprises down the road,  If I did not agree with his views on this matter, I would not be married to him.  Pure and simple folks.  So I doubt "He'll change his mind" is a valid argument on why I should have children.
  • I'm not going to lie, I'm not done having fun yet.  I'm still young (ish) and I like to do what I feel like... when I feel like it.  Does that make me selfish?  No, because I don't have kids.  See how that works?  I have a job.  I go to it every day.  I get paid.  I spend my pay on necessities, and whatever is left over I spend how I want.  If we feel like going to a movie, or to visit friends we don't have to worry about things like a sitter.  The cats will be just fine, I assure you.  It's called being a childless adult, and it rules.
  • I do not have the temperament to be a mother.  I know some of you will disagree.   Sorry, but I don't.  I do not have the patience to deal with a child all the time.  Most people don't.  At least I admit it to myself.
  • Frankly the way the world is today, I would not even consider having a baby.  No place is safe any more.  Parents have to be scared to send the kids to school.  Not the kind of world I want to raise a child in
Sorry if you don't care for my reasons, but they are what they are.  We are childless.  It is our choice.  Now stop asking for explanations.  I mean honestly, if I asked any parent why they chose to bred, they would probably be pretty offended.  But next time somebody questions me on this topic, that's exactly what I'll be doing.  You've been warned

4 comments:

  1. Me and my husband didn't want kids either I was told I couldn't have a child later on but needless to say 5 yrs later I have a son that's 22 noe and it is the greatest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If its just that you dont' want to HAVE a kid, I can always give you one of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell no. You created them, you put up with them *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure if you already follow but you should check out: http://thebritgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Put it here!

 
The World According to Krissy - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger